Happy Data Privacy Day 2021!
Today is Data Privacy Day 2021, because it occurs every January 28th! Data privacy day is recognized worldwide for creating awareness about the importance of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust”. So why is Data Privacy Day important? Today is important because we need to further reiterate the significance of keeping online information private, protecting users data and becoming more cyber conscious.
A few of the participating organizations for the 28 January 2016 Data Privacy and Protection day include; Anti-Phishing Working Group, Carnegie Mellon University, Cyber Data-Risk Managers, EDUCAUSE, Georgetown University, Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Identity Theft Council, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, New York State Attorney General Office, the UK Information Commissioner, and Data Security Council of India. (Source from Wikipedia)
Data Privacy Giveaway (IAPP)
IAPP – Show Us How You Celebrate Privacy for a Chance to Win Big
Celebrating Data Privacy Day? Enter for your chance to win a FREE YEAR of IAPP Membership! Five winners will be selected, one from each geographic location across the globe: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia/ANZ.
How to Enter:
- Take a picture to show how you are celebrating Data Privacy Day.
- Share your picture on social media using the hashtag #IAPPcelebratesDPD.
- For bonus points, tag the IAPP on whatever platform you are sharing your picture on.
Be sure to follow the hashtag on social media to see how fellow privacy pros around the world are celebrating.
*Only photos taken throughout the month of January using the hashtag #IAPPcelebratesDPD will be considered. Photos must be public in order to enter. By sharing your picture using #IAPPcelebratesDPD you give IAPP permission to share your image.
Articles to read on Data Privacy Day:
- Princeton Data Privacy Day – https://informationsecurity.princeton.edu/DPD
- Data Privacy Day – IAPP – https://iapp.org/connect/data-privacy-day/
- National Privacy Alliance – https://staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/